Harper’s fluid bed reactor systems are uniquely manufactured to meet the specific requirements of each customer. Our systems are designed for continuous processing of your advanced material, providing more effective chemical reactions and heat transfer.
Fluidized bed equipment is extensively used in coating of particles to obtain products with modified superficial properties at different industrial sectors such as chemical, agricultural, pharmaceutical and food. Harper’s furnace systems are designed to send a powerful stream of fluid (gas or liquid) up through your particulate material, suspending and circulating the gas and solid particles. This fluidization produces an even distribution of air among the particles, making the fluid bed perfect for heat transfer and diffusion reactions. Our experts will consider the temperature uniformity, fluidization gas velocity, reaction kinetics, gas/reactant concentrations, and the effects of bed height and diameter to create the exact design for your needs.
Applications of fluid bed technology are justified with advantages such as the ease of operation and excellent conditions of heat and mass transfer within the bed, uniform particle mixing and uniform temperature gradients. The ability to operate at a continuous state state allows also manufacturers to produce their materials more efficiently due to the removal of startup conditions in batch processes.
Harper Fluid Bed Capabilities
- Preheated or indirect heating using natural gas
- Feed materials including powder, spray dried granules, or other types of granules/conglomerates.
- Tube Diameters starting from 9 inches
Typical Fluid Bed Applications
- Chemical Reactions – carbonates to oxides, oxides to metals, and other chemical reactions
- Scale up for success – Harper’s Ignite™ program
- Materials ideal for fluid bed reactors – Metal Oxides